Monday, May 4, 2009

BYU Women's Conference and FRIENDS

I spent the past few days in Utah. It was a trip different from all other years...in a good way. I am usually on my own schedule...being my usual "control freak". Being with Jennie Jenkins helped me let go a little...and it was good. Jennie flew through DFW on Wednesday and we took the same flight to SLC. That was really a nice start to our trip. We stayed at Jennie's sister-in-laws house in Highland. I dragged her to visit my friend Michelle, who also lives in Highland. Thursday and Friday were packed with upliflting classes and music. There is something special about thousands of women singing the Hymns...it always "moves" me. I learned a lot and was reminded of many things that I should be doing and maybe am not doing. Not a guilt trip or anything...really...just reminders to do a little better. I saw many friends that I hadn't seen in many years. One of the highlights of the trip was breakfast on Saturday morning with wonderful friends from our Married Student housing days! It was SO wonderful reconnecting...laughing and catching up. We were WAY overdue for a little reunion. I am blessed with wonderful friends! Thanks girls! I am home again and must admit that it is great to sleep in my BIG bed! I am spoiled...no question! I am very grateful for those sweet children who gave up their beds for me...thanks Rachelle and Ellorie!





Jennie Jenkins, Heather Kinard, Becky, Christine Sloan and Cindy Gaddis


Melanie Lipscomb and Becky at Women's Conference



Becky and Heather Kinard inside the Marriott Center


Jennie Jenkins and Becky outside the Marriott Center

2 comments:

  1. The only thing missing is the picture of you with our family. We wondered if you made the trip. Hope all is well.
    Love Rich

    ReplyDelete