Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Sharee Rose McClintic

Some of you might already know that my sister-in-law Sharee has been battling pancreatic cancer for the past several months. Yesterday, with her sweet daughter Amy by her side, she lost that battle. It has been a long few weeks as we watched the illness take hold of her body. I was able to spend several days with Sharee and Amy these past couple of weeks. Although I was of little help...I was always ready with a story or a shoulder. Words seem to be my strength...hopefully I wasn't too annoying. I really didn't know Sharee that well, for a number of reasons. It was really a gift to be by her bedside during some of her final days. I couldn't help but grow closer to her during these times. We talked about the life she would soon have and the loved ones who would greet her. She seemed to be comforted. Amy provided much needed peace and comfort for her mom. Sharee passed with Amy and some close friends by her side. She was not alone...and certainly she was welcomed with open arms by many who loved her in this life. Sharee...until we meet again...


Sharee and Allison at Mike's memorial last year...a rough year for the McClintic girls.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! So sorry for your loss. How wonderful that you could be such help, you really are an angel. It's so good to know you!

    ReplyDelete