Saturday, October 31, 2009

This Is It

This morning we went to see the "movie", "This Is It". I must admit that I wasn't sure what to expect, but the kids wanted to go, so Bill and I tagged along. Can I just say that I loved it! I have never really been a big Michael Jackson fan, although I have loved a lot of his music over the years and as a kid I LOVED the Jackson5. The entire movie was clips of rehearsals of his concert tour...clips shot from April-June of 2009. They did a little part on the Jackson5...singing "I'll Be There"...my all-time favorite Jackson5 song...it sent me back to my childhood, a happy part. I loved the "Thriller" clips. I don't care what you think of "MJ", as they referred to him, but you have to admit that he was a musical genius. A truly amazingly talented human. I thought it was pretty inspiring yet tragic at the same time. Even though there is a fair amount of "crotch grabbing", I would definitely recommend this movie...we really enjoyed the glimpse of this amazing musician.



1 comment: