Thursday, January 20, 2011

20 days...

2o days until we see our "Sweet William" again. I can hardly believe the time has come. Truly the 2 years have gone fast...a tender mercy from the Lord, no question. I received an awesome phone call from the "Colombia Barranquilla" mission office. I let the call on the home phone go because the caller ID said "Out of Area"...then an unfamiliar number came up on my cell phone. Luckily I didn't let that one go. A sweet Latin elder spoke in perfect English. He wanted to inform me of Elder Casper's itinerary. Although we received his flight plans from Salt Lake a month ago, I let him tell me every detail. There was just something special about speaking with someone who was in the same country as William and who knows him. I spoke a little Spanish to him, which is always fun, and then we hung up. It took a few minutes for me to stop smiling. These are some good times, my friends! We are on the cusp of one of those "Parental Paydays"...a child returning from a 2-year Church mission with honor! I try not to dwell on the actual airport reunion...it makes me cry...I do still have to get through the next 3 weeks. I'll allow myself to "dwell" perhaps the week of his return...yep, that sounds good. I hereby give myself permission to be a basket case that last week:) No doubt it will be one of those "out-of-body" experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment