Friday, September 9, 2011

What motivates me...

What is it that makes me want to roll my sorry behind out of bed each and every day? How come I'm not one of those people I hear about who sleeps in, or heck, stays in their pjs most of the day, only waking long enough to kiss their kids goodbye as they head out to the bus stop or to the car to drive themselves to school? Why do I feel the need to be up with my kids, complete with a smile on my face? Lunches and breakfasts made, backpacks in order, homework done...And why do I insist on exercising most mornings? Really, let's be honest...I certainly don't appear to be working out every day:( So back to the question at hand...what motivates me? Well...perhaps it's fear...fear that my kids will grow up and tell stories about their lazy mother who never got out of bed. Or maybe I like to control all aspects of life. Or maybe, just maybe I love sending my kids off to school and/or seminary with the sure knowledge that I love and care about them. Also, Bill works so hard for us, I guess by being up and at'em, I am doing my part too. Honestly, I have no real life during the school year...I don't work for money...my household chores don't have to be done in any particular order...I have no schedule...I just make sure the house is presentable, the laundry is done and the fridge and pantry are stocked...piece of cake. Perhaps my motivation is order...I like order. Shocker, I know. And as far as working out...I don't even want to think about what I would look like if I stopped. So, I will continue to roll out of bed and put one foot in front of the other in this life I have been blessed with. Now if I could just find the motivation to catch up on scrapbooks...as each day passes, I am further and further behind...ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment