Wednesday, August 7, 2013

 As the three of us made our way up the coast of California, we spent a day in San Francisco.  It was a chilly, overcast day...not unlike the Bay Area.
 We really hoped to get tickets for Alcatraz Island, but were out of luck. It's a popular tourist attraction.  Maybe next time.  So we took a tour of the Bay. 
 Here we are just starting out...not really feeling the cold...yet.
 This shot of the city shows the fog, again, typical of San Francisco in the morning.
 And here you have the CRAZY hair!!! It was SO windy! I love Christine's hair sticking straight up!!!

 The beautiful Golden Gate Bridge.
 Something is super funny to Grant...he rarely smiles like this...I love it!
 We cruised passed Alcatraz...Spooky. Abandoned. Intriguing.
 Indians Welcome??? What? Strange.
 I.Love.Fish/Seafood.   My kids do not.  I have had some of the best seafood here...I was able to enjoy some great clam chowder...It was a chowder kind of a day:)

 Christine (the ice cream girl) and I shared a yummy sundae!

 We enjoyed some time at the Aquarium...The kids enjoy learning things...they get that from their dad:)
 What would a trip to San Fran be without a drive down Lombard Street? I had never been behind the wheel before...I had only been a passenger.  It was slightly nerve-wracking with all of the cars and pedestrians! But it was a fun time.


Christine is a SF Giants fan, so we went to a game at AT&T Park.  It was so much fun!!!
The park sits right on the Bay...one of the coolest sports venues I have been to. As you can tell, the fog lifted and the day was beautiful.  Still a bit chilly though.
We sat in the top section and boy was I glad.  We had an amazing view!
I couldn't stop taking pictures.
Here I am perched on the top!
Grant said AT&T Park is the third most "Instagrammed" picture...no doubt.  It is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment