Saturday, November 9, 2013

 On the road again...this time I drove 23+ hours to Rexburg.  Bill and I decided that Garrett could really benefit from having a car in Rexburg. Because I don't have any serious commitments here---no job or school, it made the most sense for me to make the trip.  I loaded up with audio books and snacks and headed out early on Saturday.
 By Sunday I had more than half of the trip behind me.  Much of the drive was rural with nothing much to look at.  This, however, is Jackson Hole...I have only ever heard of it.  It was such a quaint little town.  I'd love to go again.  This time in the summer time.
 Just outside of town the Teton Pass begins...It was unbelievable!  A 10% grade up...which obviously was a 10% grade down the other side.  It was snowing...I was a little stressed.  But all went well.  I stayed wide awake, thanks to drinking huge amounts of Diet Coke and listening to 3 entire books....oh, there were lots of snacks consumed as well.  Whatever it took to keep me awake and entertained:)
I took zero pictures of Garrett and myself...I'm not the best at remembering to take pictures.  But he was excited to finally have his own transportation.  We loaded him up with 240 pounds of bagged rock salt in the bed of the truck and some new windshield wipers...he has a nice snow scrapper and hopefully he'll be ok in the snow.  The only way to learn how to drive in the stuff, is to actually do it.  I am tired of traveling...happy to be home again.

No comments:

Post a Comment