Thursday, February 5, 2009

Utah and the MTC

We arrived home last night about 10pm from a great few days in Utah. We did Music and The Spoken Word on Temple Square, Sacrament Mtg. at the Prophet's ward (he was out of town), visited some friends, etc. It was a great way to spend the last few days with William before he entered the MTC. I have to thank so many friends and family who wished William well and remembered to call or email or text me to say that you were thinking of us. Your thoughts did not go unnoticed or unappreciated. We are who we are in large part because of all of your support. Can I just say that leaving a child at the MTC is, by far, the hardest thing I have had to do thus far in my life!? I have said for a long time that I am sure it must be bittersweet...I had no idea what that even meant! Although I would NOT want him anywhere else, I am human. I miss him terribly already. I am certain that I my feelings will be less "raw" as time passes. I am hopeful anyway. William was ready and he said that he was only "slightly" nervous. We all hugged and cried...but we were in good company...everyone else in the huge room was doing the same. The halls of the MTC were lined with volunteers (what a great thing!) and tables had multiple boxes of tissues ready for the taking. It was quite an emotional scene. Singing "I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go" and "Called to Serve" was tough! We all survived and are anxious for the next 2 years to pass quickly and with great growth, both for William as well as for our family. I will post photos as soon as Christine gets home to help me...I am so lame, but I am willing to learn.

1 comment:

  1. When my kids left home and I was 15,000 miles away from them I would go in their rooms and throw myself on the floor and sob. Smell their sheets.play with their belongings. And I got to go home every three months to see them. It is a lonely feeling. YOU WILL DO GREAT.

    ReplyDelete