Friday, February 6, 2009

Waiting for life to return to normal...

Yesterday was strange. I woke up with a migraine that never went away...which meant that I layed around wishing for someone to come along and decapitate me! That never happened. Thank goodness Bill didn't return to Houston this week after our trip to Utah. He was here to retrieve kids from school and run to Sonic for a wholesome dinner. I wonder sometimes if Bill thinks that all I do is lay around!? But then there are the daily chores that always seem to get done...he must figure that I pry myself off the bed or couch on occasion...anyway...I was wasted last night from resting all day, yet sleep came VERY slowly. Since we left William at the MTC, I find that life is a bit off-center. I have been praying for peace so I know that it will come. I truly need to exercise some faith. This is a much bigger process than I had anticipated. Maybe I need to get a job. That would take my mind off of things....OR, maybe I could just do the things around here that need doing...(ie. updating scrapbooks, reading the many books that line my shelves, organize a cupboard or two, start gathering the items needed to start my personal history, prepare my Relief Society lesson for Sunday!, and most of all get off the computer!) I hope that this blog serves as a way of keeping up on the happenings of our lives rather than an escape from my life! Wish me luck. I am still trying to figure things out. Slowly but surely.

3 comments:

  1. He looks so happy at the MTC. Seriously! I can't even imagine what you and Jennie are going through. It is your first son! You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you are so old.... you have a kid on a mission. Wow, I was going to rail on you for not coming by and seeing us while you were in Utah but hey, I wasn't home anyway. I tried to call you yesterday but no answer. Hope you are feeling better. Love the blog. It is fun but I always feel pressure to keep it up. You can't let it become a chore. Call me when you get some time.
    Love Rich

    ReplyDelete
  3. we wanted to have you over on Saturday night. I didn't know how to get in touch. We had Indian food to send off my daughter. Now she is tripping the light fantastic at discotecas y tango bars. LOL

    You will prevail.

    ReplyDelete