Thursday, January 5, 2012

Some Holiday Fun

We enjoyed the lights at a nearby shopping area...it was even cold---feeling just like Christmas:)
We kicked off the holidays with a Christmas Eve trip to see my all-time favorite musical Les Miserables in Dallas. As usual, it did not disappoint. Grant was trying to get out of going, but secretly I think he really did enjoy himself. (But he didn't cooperate when I wanted to take his picture)
Christmas Day started early and we moved quickly...Church was at 9am so the unwrapping started about 6am. It was so nice to attend Church...I really liked it:)
I am a terrible picture taker on Christmas morning...always have been:( So I didn't even take one of Garrett...but we can all atest to the fact that he was indeed there:) This Father Christmas is in honor of him for he was Father Christmas in the school play of Narnia...sorry Bear.
Grant is a college football junkie! His "Santa" gifts were two jerseys...one was Dennis Pitta (not college, but former BYU Cougar) and his current most prized posession is his Navy (as in the college football team and not the color) "Nike Pro Combat" jersey...if I had a dollar for every time I have heard "Nike Pro Combat", I would indeed be a rich woman! But instead, I am only an insane one.
A festive William...representing the street...Sesame Street...
And Christine...thanks for the sock monkey hat Grant:)
And a Happy New Year to everyone! We went WAY outside of our comfort zone and hosted a New Year's Eve party...trying to entertain our company:) I doubted that we would be able to make it until midnight...but low and behold, we were kicking people out at 12:30...:) We did a white elephant gift exchange and of course ate and ate and William and NaKya introduced the "signs" game to everyone...that was the hit, especially with the Cottrell cousins. We made a bunch of noise and then cleaned up and sent everyone home:) We have 9am church and I had a gospel doctrine lesson to teach...ugh...but it was lots of fun and who knows, we may do it again next year.
Papa-William-NaKya-Grandma
Cousin Nathan "drinking" with Christine
Three of the Tryon kids:)
Some of the crowd...
Lari and Dave Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment