Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Every 2 years "Shippendom" happens at Eagle Lake in Northern California.  It's our family reunion on my mom's side...the Shippens.  We drove there once...loaded with children and camping gear to spend a week in the dirt with 150 or so of our posterity.  It is fun...but, let's just say, we haven't ALL been back since forever ago.  I took Christine and Grant in 2013...and in 2015, I flew in to Reno, rented a car, and drove to Susanville, the closest town, stayed in a hotel, and drove up to camp each day for the 3 or so days I was there.  It certainly wasn't ideal, but it was better than nothing.  I so enjoyed being with my extended family.  
 This is Kristie Cooper, one of my dearest friends, who also happens to be my cousin.  I never tire of visiting with her.  Bless her...I just wish we saw more of each other.
And this is my sweet Aunt Vera.  She's had some major health problems and we weren't certain she'd even be at camp...she did make it, and was the only "original" Shippen sibling...of her generation, who was there...most have passed on. It was a blessing to see her and visit with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment